Last updated: July 25, 2016. (view archived versions)
Who is responsible for your personal data?
The Portuguese company, OPEN GROW, is the controller of the personal data you submit to us and responsible for your personal.
Where is your personal data stored?
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) but may also be transferred to and processed in a country outside of the EEA. Any such transfer of your personal data will be carried out in compliance with applicable laws.
What types of personal data do we collect?
We will collect personal data that you submit to us, for example, when you place orders, contact our customer service or participate in competitions. The personal data that you submit to us may for example include contact information, date of birth and payment information. In addition, we may collect certain personal data from external sources such as credit information and address updates.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To create and manage your personal account at OPEN GROW;
- To process your orders and returns via our online services;
- To send text message notifications of delivery status;
- To contact you in the event of any problems with the delivery of your items;
- To answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services;
- To send marketing offers such as newsletters and catalogues;
- To notify the winners in competitions arranged online;
- To manage your account by carrying out credit checks;
- To make analyses in order to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information;
- To validate that you are of legal age for shopping online;
- To send you surveys in order to give you a possibility to influence our offer and services;
- To test and improve our systems by which the services are provided;
- To prevent misuse or improper use of our services;
- To calculate the Club points you are entitled to as a Club member.
We will keep your data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes above or for as long as we are required by law. After this, your personal data will be deleted.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you at any time (free of charge once a year). If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there are other legitimate grounds to keep the data, such as unsettled debts. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time. You can contact us either by sending a letter to OPEN GROW Customer Service, Parque Industrial de Coimbrões, Edifício Expobeiras, 3500-618, Viseu, Portugal, or by sending an email to email@example.com . Find out more about Data Protection regarding Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies. Your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 will not be affected.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your data may be shared within the OPEN GROW group (for details on the companies within the OPEN GROW group, sell or swap your data for marketing purposes to third parties outside the OPEN GROW group. Data that is forwarded to third parties, is only used to provide you with the services mentioned above, for example shipping agents in connection with the delivery of goods, media agencies for distribution of newsletter and credit reference or debt collection agencies for the purpose of credit rating checks, identity checks and debt collection.
How do we protect your personal data?
We have taken technical and organizational measures to protect your data from loss, manipulation, unauthorized access. We continually adapt our security measures in line with technological progress and developments. To make card purchases with us as secure as possible, all information is sent in encrypted form. This means that the information is passed through a secure connection and that your personal data cannot be read by external parties. For card purchases, we work with an authorized payment agent that helps us to check directly with your bank that the card is valid for purchases. Our payment agent processes your card details according to the international security standard PCI DSS, which was developed by the card companies VISA, MasterCard, Diners, American Express and JCB. This means that your card details are processed with a very high level of security. When you pay by card, we reserve the right to carry out an identity check.